Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Finally Cried

On Thursday, April 24, 2008 It was the ten year anniversary of the shooting at Nick's place that was held for the eighth graders of James Parker Middle School.
Well alot of people have gone on with there life and forget things, but as far as I go, I never forgot that night. On Thursday, I did not want to be alone. All week I felt different and were afraid of that day. I am surly blessed with some great and caring friends. My friend Erica, stayed with me for a while and made me feel a little better. After she went home, I went over to my friend Jens and I got the day's paper. There it was on the front page, we remember. It had a huge article about the dinner dance and how all of the students remember what happened. I read thought it and finally put two and two together. That night, I was so mad at Andrew Wurst even before he went crazy. He sat at my table and when he won a door prize, he through it in my friends face and said," I'm going to kill you guys." After the pictures where taken, my date for that night came up to me and said he couldn't hang out with me because Andrew is messed up. I was so mad at Andrew for ruining my night. I remember that at one point in the night, I was out on the back patio and twirling around looking up at the stars and said. " This is just great, I go to a dance and my date can't even hang out with me because Andy is messed up." When I stopped twirling around I looked on the patio and saw Andrew looking straight at me glaring. Well now I understand why when the shooting began, my date came looking for me and ordered my to hide better. That night I found out from the newspapers Andrew came back in the building. All I can think is, was he looking for me, because I was saying that stuff that night. Ten years later after all this happened, I finally cried. The thing was at the dinner dance, and after, I never cried. I think my mind didn't comprehend what really happened. I couldn't understand why every one was hugging each other all the time. Now after ten years, I finally understand.The nice thing was on Thursday when I did cry I wasn't alone. My friend Jen held me and cried with me. She told me after I finally calmed down that when I told her about it, she knew that I had not understood what happened that night completely. I now know that God was there that night. He had protected me all night. I am glad that God was there for me and that he knew when the right time was for me to grieve.

No comments: