Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reflecting Through the Cycles of Life.

Lately , I've been thinking about the four seasons of weather. I have been reflecting on how each one effects us differently. Take right now for instance, it is in the middle of winter and I am couped up in the house going stir crazy ,while my three year old runs around like a maniac. I think to my self, I can't wait for summer, that way we can get out of the house and play outside and take Jacob swimming and down to the park.
Then I reflect on spring. Spring comes and I am so excited to see the longer days and the snow melt.I get excited to see little flowers pop their delicate heads through the snow. While spring is here, I think of the muddy sidewalks and driveways, and hope I don't have to push a stuck car out of the mud in my Sunday clothes. I don't know if it really is going to stay warm  Will we get another snow storm that is going to kill those cute little flowers. When the trees finally show the bright lime green that is so fresh, all I want , is for it to never end. As soon as I start to notice it , it is gone.

           Summer comes around staring out chilly , I wish it could be warmer. As the days roll by, the sunburns and bee stings and humid weather remind me why I don't really like summer. Just when I am starting to get use to the warm weather and all that it has to offer.

           It begins to change as it gets windier and the trees change color. I love the crisp smell of the air and the sound of rustling leaves as I walk but as the days get colder, I want summer back.

         The first day it snows, I am excited to see it. To remember long winter days fill of making crafts and holidays and family time together. It only seems as if the first few times it snows it is neat . Then after two months of constant snow, I want it to be warmer.
         As I reflect how all of the seasons and how they make me feel, I am learning that life is full of memories in these four seasons, and as the seasons pass I grow older and my life continues on. Jacob is three and growing to fast. I need to enjoy the excuse he gives me to enjoy each season as a child enjoys them for what they are.If you see a grown woman going sled riding with out a child, it seems kinda freaky. But Jacob is the best way I can still have fun like a child but grownup, (adult supervision). When I am old with white hair and can't bend down without my hips popping, I want to look back on the different seasons of my life and remember all the wonderful moments that each of them held. So now instead of looking forward to the next season, I am going to look toward the here and now and think, what kind of fun can I have today with my baby.

No comments: