Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH GRANDPA

Grandpa Tom Mooney has been quite sick for the past few months. He tried to fight it as much as he could. Well today he went to live with God. For the past five years, I have gotten to know Tom Mooney as a friend, an employer, grandfather and a great grandfather. He has fascinated me with stories of his life and lessons on how to bake. He has told me about how he met his wife and how they got married. I have never met someone like him that could captivate me the way he did. When I was sad, Grandpa was there to cheer me up. He had the ability to cheer me up and make me laugh for weeks afterwords. I remember one time, Grandpa and I were talking at the Bakery and discussing dieing. He told me that when it is his time to die, He was not going to go with out a battle. I love you so much and will never forget you Grandpa.

2 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

It's been 5 yrs for us as well. He will be missed so very much here at church and in our lives. Kenton said, "The donuts won't ever be the same again." :-) Tom always was good to us and made sure we were taken care of. He'd often speak up in business meetings to show support for us. Last year in October which is Pastor Appreciation month he wrote a tribute to Pastor and sent it to the Albion paper to be printed. He loved us and we knew it and we will miss his support and his love.

Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ::hugs::