Thursday, May 29, 2008

What has Been Happing with The Mooney Gang

This past week has been such an roller coaster of emotions. I just want to thank everyone that has been praying for our family and for Grandpa. For the past two and half months, our family was so blessed with a wonderful cousin and friend named Lisa. Lisa is Grandma Mooney niece and she is a Nurse for the ICU at Hamot. She has helped us out but talking to the doctors and translating what he was saying. She has helped all of us to understand the procedures and Grandpa's condition. I know that without her, The doctors would of gave up on grandpa a long time ago. Thank you so very much Lisa for everything you did.


On Sunday night, I had this fabric that my brother in law Nathan gave me and I really wanted to make a pillow for Grandpa out of. Well I finally got it done. At the viewing, I got all of the immediate family to sign it. I'm so glad I finally got to make it for Grandpa, I know he would of liked it.


The funereal was very sad but beautiful, at the end, they played Grandma and Grandpa singing and Grandpa playing the guitar. Jacob heard Grandpa's voice and said Papa. It was really cute. As we were leaving the funeral home, Dad , Jeff and I where talking about how Grandpa would want to make it a long procession. Right then, a train came and stopped the Whole procession for about five minutes. We all knew that was Grandpa trying to make us laugh. It worked. At the cemetery, they had a military service and it was beautiful. When Jacob walked back to the car he kept saying bye bye Papa.


After the funeral, the church had a very nice dinner for us. Thank you Keepville church so very much. At the dinner I got to get some pics of Grandma and her sisters, Diana, Doris and her brother Arthur.



After the dinner , I went with my mom to Walmart to get some food,after shopping and getting in the car, my mom called my sister so I could talk to her. I told Julie about everything that happened, and started to cry. Then Julie told me that Grandpa will be happy. I then asked her why, She then told me that Jacob is going to have a cousin. MY SISTER IS GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be an aunt. I am so happy. The coolest thing is she is due on my husbands Birthday. man that news really was a good thing to hear, well that was my week in a nut shell.

No comments: