Monday, February 15, 2010

Sometimes It Is The Player and Not The Instrument.

The other day, I was so excited, I got new sheet music for my flute. I was really excited to play cause I haven't been able to play for a while ,because I got my wisdom teeth out. Well I warmed up fine and when I went to play ,it sounded as if my flute couldn't make the high notes correctly. I checked over my flute at least twenty times and couldn't put my finger on what the problem was.
I began to think about anything that could of happened to my flute since I've played it last. I had nothing, then I thought what is the difference between than and now. I then realized that I was two teeth less and to play the higher notes I had to press in my cheeks harder cause there were no teeth back there. Once I did that my flute played perfectly. So I realized that sometimes it is not the object that has the problem but the handler. Boy did I feel like a ditz.

No comments: